We had a fabulous tutorial from Debbie and Amy of Zeitgeist Hair on how to achieve a gorgeous vintage look, and then Chrissie from Hat Therapy let us try on her beautifully crafted hats. Once again the talented Sarah Mason documented our gorgeous gaggle of gigglers as we attempted to achieve the perfect victory roll…
And here’s a few ‘behind the scenes’ shots by Alison Bartram and Vanessa Kay:
And by jove, I think we’ve done it! Well done ladies – not only did you look great, but you survived the hairspray fog!
The next meeting will take place on Monday 15th August. The meeting starts at 7.30pm, so please come before then to grab a seat and have a chat with the person next to you. As usual we ask that visitors and new members come early to sort out paperwork and payments. Sarah Mason from Zebra Photography will be giving us a workshop in how to take a good photograph, so please bring a digital camera of some description… your camera phone will do. We’re also hoping Chrissie will be able to pop in again and show everyone how to do interesting headscarf stylings!
Here are few other quick reminders:
- Over the next few months we will be collecting toiletry items for local women’s charities, and then in December we will get together to collate and wrap them. Each month will have a theme and in August we’re asking for a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- We’re always looking for bakers and cleaners to help out at meetings. Please visit the cake and cleanup rotas to sign up.
- If you’re interested in participating in The Big Knit, please bring your little knitted and crocheted hats to the next few meetings and we’ll send them off in October. If you haven’t heard, it’s a lovely way to raise money for AGE UK.
- The Book Group is next meeting on August 22nd at Bar Place. Come along or get in touch with Jen Kaines if you have questions.
- The next Rag Market will take place on November 6th at the Masonic Hall in Hebden Bridge. We’re looking for stall ideas and volunteers!
- Don’t forget about Helen Baron’s fabulous Clothes Swishing Rail! Donate unwanted clothing and accessories, and buy whatever you like for £1. There have been some fabulous finds on there, and it’s a great way to raise money for future events. Bring your clothes and hangers into the next meeting, or drop them in to Ribbon Circus.
- Don’t forget to keep up to date with other WI events and activities nearby by checking the federation and national blogs regularly. If you’d like to receive a monthly newsletter as well, which has all of the local activities and ticket information, it’s only 29p per issue. Talk to Secretary Isla or Treasurer Caroline at the next meeting.
- One last niggly nag – we daintily request a £1 donation per meeting for refreshments. You’ll get a warming cup of tea or coffee as well as a piece or two of cake, and we’ll continue raising funds to pay for our venue!
Hugs and xxxx
Written and posted by Erin